Pages

Monday 31 May 2010

A little light relief

On Sunday, Phil BC was mischievously music meme-ing again. Prompted by this I couldn't resist looking up what was number one when I was born. At first I was disappointed, thinking it was some obscure track I'd never even heard of, but it turns out to be that reggae-ish one that goes 'I don't like cricket'. Ah, that one...



Just days after I entered this world, 10cc were knocked off the top spot by Olivia Newton John and John Travolta. I once upset someone by saying Grease in reply to them asking for my favourite film musical. I think you're supposed to choose something more grown up or sophisticated, but I still reckon Grease is the perfect musical and a high point in the history of Western civilisation. Anyhow, here's the number one single from just after I was born - and in this version you can freshen up on your French at the same time!




Share

No comments:

Post a Comment