Pages

Tuesday 26 April 2011

Internationalism on May Day

I have twice given a talk about my visit to Palestine in February - to Newcastle's Amnesty group and Tyneside Palestine Solidarity Campaign (the latter was easily arranged, as I'm the group's Chair). You can read posts prompted by my trip to the West Bank HERE and HERE.

This Friday evening I'll be giving a much-compressed version of my feedback from Palestine, as one of several speakers at an early May Day event. It's South Tyneside's annual rally and social to mark international workers' day. Here are the details:

May Day event with the Steve Daggett Band at Armstrong Hall Social Club, South Shields, on 29 April, 7.30pm to late.

With political speakers including Mark Page - Independent Working Class Association, Alex Snowdon - Palestine Solidarity Campaign, Rachel Featherstone - Coalition of Resistance, Paul Philips - Youth Fight for Jobs, and a GMB representative. Everyone is welcome.

Also see: details of Saturday's May Day march and rally in Newcastle

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment